Construction Equipment Sales (Albany, NY)
Pavement Technologies Int'l. Corp is seeking an experienced Sales Team member for the sale of new & used heavy construction equipment including asphalt plants and paving equipment, water & fuel trucks and roofing equipment. Preferred applicants should have a minimum 5 years sales experience, know and understand the construction and municipal equipment industry, have a good understanding of computers and Microsoft Office, as well as have a great personality and a strong desire to excel. Position will include both inside sales and outside construction and municipal sales. PTIC offers a base pay, commission and a bonus opportunity, paid vacations, personal leave and holidays, health insurance and retirement benefits.
Essential Job Duties:
- Sell company's products and services by calling on prospective and established customers, including contractors, associated construction companies and governmental agencies.
- Accurately and completely enter all customer contact data into the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database and maintains records and prepares reports on sales activities.
- Collect and maintain competitive pricing data and product information on all major competitors.
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work with the office and service teams to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Make customer calls, preparing quotes, making presentations and assisting with negotiations as necessary.
- Negotiate terms of sales agreements for approval by General Manager- Sales & Marketing.
- Provide product advice to customers.
- Distribute product literature.
- Create and deliver features/benefits presentations to diverse audiences.
- Assist with resolving account receivable issues.
- Maintain records and prepares reports on sales activities.
- Determine priority and effort given to each account based upon sales potential and maintenance.
- Travel as needed with occasional overnight up to 15%.
This job description reflects salesman's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques and the ability to close sales.
- Demonstrated follow-up and closing skills, and the ability to direct and manage others.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups for training and product introductions.
- Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties at customer job sites and locations as required.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality training and related product knowledge to others and to team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and web-based tools.
- Strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar or related job function preferred. College Degree preferred.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
Location: Albany, NY
Compensation: Base Salary Plus Commission & Benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Click HERE for our Contact Us page